Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas, movies, and grades!

It's Christmas! Jacob and I are down here with my family for the weekend.  We thought we were going to be able to sleep in today but we were woken up at 7:40 to eat breakfast and then open presents.  I'm happy about my presents; it's one of the first years I didn't know a lot of the presents I was getting! I got the first two seasons of Alias from my parents which I am really excited about because Jacob and I just finished the fifth season of Lost and we need a new series to watch until the sixth season of Lost comes out on February 2nd. Since we don't have cable, we just watch TV series's. :) I also got 3 DVD's : The Proposal, The Golden Compass, and Baby Mama. 

I got a pair of brown dress shoes and three pairs of earrings from Jacob --that I picked out :)  But then he suprised me with the book Blindside--the one that the movie was based on.  Speaking of that my sister, Rachel, and I went and saw Blindside last night while Jacob and my brother, Jacob went and saw Avatar--Blindside was soo good! I loved it.  Sandra Bullock was really good in it--she made me laugh pretty hard.  Jacob loved Avatar--he wants me to go see it with him once we get back to Rexburg.

One more exciting thing--we found out our grades for the Fall Semester yesterday!
(Drumroll..............................................................)
I got 5 A's and 1 A-!  I'm really happy with those grades.  It's funny though because my A- was in my easiest class--I just always skipped that class in order to work on stuff for my other classes :)  The most exciting part for me though is that I got an A on my portfolio for my Observation and Assessment class.  The portfolio was a semester-long project and therefore, since I was working on it all semester, it was stressful for me to decide it was done and turn it in.   Partway through the semester, I had a dream that I turned it in, and my teacher gave me a C! And in my dream, I went to him and said "I don't deserve this; give me a better grade!" Haha luckily that didn't have to happen in real life!
-Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment