Saturday, July 9, 2011

Preschool/Shoe Fight!

So I have this great job as the Head Teacher for one of the preschool classrooms on campus.  I've been doing it ever since January and I love it.  I still work about 3 times a month at Melaleuca but it's nice to spend most of my time working in the preschool rather than at Melaleuca.  I'm grateful for my job at Melaleuca, but answering phone calls and saying the same thing on the phone every day gets a little old after a while.  I definitely prefer my job in the preschool.  I was going to have to give up my job this month after I graduate because you have to be a student to have the job.  
But, I just found out a few weeks ago that I'm going to be able to keep my preschool job for the fall!  I'm way excited about this.  They couldn't find anyone to replace me for the fall, so they told me that I could still walk at graduation this month, but keep my independent study class that I've been taking, so that I'm technically still a student and can keep the job!  I told my supervisor that I wasn't sure if he would want me to do it, because I'm due 2 weeks before the end of the semester in December but he said that it would be fine.


Jacob keeps telling me that I should post funny stories about my preschoolers on our blog.  I come home pretty much every day that I have preschool with funny stories about things the kids said or did, and I'd like to start writing them down so I don't forget them.  I like sharing these stories with people, but I'm not sure if they'll be as funny written down as they are when I tell them.  So, as you read them, just imagine me telling the story haha.  Soo, here's the first story:


One day, we were sitting at circle time and one of the teachers was teaching the kids.  I guess one of the little boys got board, so he took his shoe off, raised it above his head as high as he could reach and yelled, very enthusiastically, "SHOE FIGHT!!"  Then he threw his shoe across the circle.  All of the other kids just kind of looked at him...haha. Then, one of the other little boys tossed his shoe back to him, and he just put it back on and kept sitting there quietly.

3 comments:

  1. HAHA! Oh my word! I laughed so hard when I read that story! I had to tell Colum too! :) That would be a fun/funny job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So are you guys staying here in Idaho, and not going to DC?? Because I really want to meet baby Dorsey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah we decided we're staying in Rexburg for at least another year!

    ReplyDelete